- 30 origami square paper sheets
- About 1 hour
1. Fold paper in half and unfold.
2. Fold top right and lower left corner points to the center point on the crease. Top right edge and lower left edge should touch the crease line.
3. Fold paper in half along crease.
4. Fold slanted edge to bottom edge. Flip paper over and repeat fold on this side.
5. Fold right flap down along slanted edge. Flip paper over and repeat fold on this side.
6. Unfold both flaps upward. Unfold along center line crease. Refold flaps along slanted crease.
7. Fold flaps down along slanted edge.
8. Unfold both flaps. Fold and unfold along center line of diamond shape.
9. Repeat steps 1 – 8 for all 30 sheets of origami paper. Each sheet of paper should look like the ones pictured on the right.
10. Take the flap of the blue paper and place it inside the pocket of the light green paper.
11. Take the flap of the dark green paper and place it inside the pocket of the blue paper. Take the flap of the light green paper and place it in the pocket of the dark green paper.
12. Each point on the star should consist of three sides made from three folded pieces of paper. Continue to add a new folded piece of paper to the star to create more points.
13. Each side of the star should consist of five points in a circle. Continue to add a new folded piece of paper until the star is complete.
After you have connected all 30 folder pieces of paper into the star, your kitten can start playing with their new cat toy. My little Ragdoll, Ghost loves to chase the star and pick it up with his mouth.
I hope you enjoyed this short do-it-yourself project. One of the creative aspects about this project is that you can use any color or pattern of origami paper you want. For this project, I used 2″ x 2″ origami paper squares, but you can use a larger size if you want the star to be bigger. Here are Amazon links to a couple different colorful origami paper packages.